How many days are there in each month
There are twelve months in a year, and most months have either 30 or 31 days. February is the exception, it's the shorter month of the year with 28 days, except for leap years, which have an extra day in February, making it 29 days long. Check on this table how many days are there in each month:
|Number of Days
|28 days (29 in a leap year)
Months with 31 days:January, March, May, July, August, October and December
Months with 30 days:April, June, September and November
Months with 28/29 days:February
Days in a month without weekends
The number of days in a month excluding weekends will depend on the specific month and year. On average, there are 22 weekdays in a month, and this number can vary from 21 to 23 depending on the number of days in the month and the day of the week on which it starts. Also the number of working days in a month depends on the specific holidays for each month and the holiday calendar of each specific country.
How many days are there in a month on average
The average number of days in a month is 30,4375
There are 365 days and 12 months in each year: 365/12=30.4167
And one extra day approximately every four years (or 48 months): 1/48 = 0.02083
Then the average number of days per year is: 30.4167+0.02083 = 30.4375
Days of the month song
You can use this song to remember how many days are there in each month:
Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November,
all the rest have thirty-one.
February has twenty-eight,
but leap year coming one in four
February then has one day more.
Days of the month with knuckles
One way to remember the number of days in each month using your knuckles is by following these steps:
- Make a fist with your left hand and extend your fingers.
- Start counting with January on your left-most knuckle (the one on the far left of your index finger).
- Count the months on your knuckles and the spaces between your knuckles. Each knuckle represents a month with 31 days, while the space between the knuckles represents a month with 30 days.
- When you reach July, which falls on the last knuckle of your index finger, go back to the first finger while you keep counting each of the months, so now the first finger will correlate with the month of august.
- February, which has 28 days (or 29 in a leap year), is represented by the space after the knuckle of your little finger.